Benylin Chesty Coughs Non Drowsy is used to help relieve chesty coughs.
The liquid contains:
- Guaifenesin (an expectorant) to help loosen mucus (phlegm) from the lungs and make it easier to cough up.
- Levomenthol to help you breathe more easily by easing congestion.
- DirectionsFor oral use only.
- Do not use more than the stated dose shown.
- This medicine is not recommended for children under 12 years old.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
- Take two 5 ml spoonfuls four times a day.
- Do not give more than 4 doses in 24 hours.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- For a child under 12 years of age.
- If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
- If you are taking alcohol.
- If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This medicine contains sucrose and liquid glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. This contains 3.49 g glucose per 5 ml. Contains 1 g of sucrose per 5 ml. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml.
This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
- Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions.
- This medicinal product contains 16.42 mg sodium per 5 ml. To be taken into consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet.
- If anyone has too much contact a doctor or your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (Casualty) taking this leaflet and pack with you.
- You should only take this medicine as required following the dosage instructions above carefully.
- If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
- If you experience any side-effects or are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not store this product above 30ºC.
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use your medicine after the date shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Active ingredients in 5 ml of Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy: 100 mg Guaifenesin and 1.1 mg Levomenthol.
Other ingredients are: Sucrose, liquid glucose, ethanol, glycerol, sodium citrate, saccharin sodium, citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), Ponceau 4R (E124), caramel (E150), carbomer, raspberry essence, natural sweetness enhancer and water.