Canesten Dual Action 1% w/w Cream contains an antifungal ingredient which effectively treats Athlete's Foot and Jock Itch. The active ingredient is clotrimazole, an antifungal agent that fights the cause of fungal skin infections, while its anti-bacterial properties help to kill certain bacteria which may cause the feet to smell.
Adults and children.
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream
- Canesten Dual Action Cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
- A strip of cream (1/2 cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
- The treatment should be continued for at least one month to prevent re-infection.
- If you have athlete's foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
The symptoms of skin infection, such as itching or soreness, should improve within a few days of treatment although signs such as redness and scaling may take longer to disappear. If symptoms do not improve within 7 days, consult your doctor.
- The active substance is Clotrimazole at a strength of 1% w/w,
- The other ingredients are Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol and Purified Water
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Dual Action Cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
- This product contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin reactions (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
Do not use Canesten Dual Action Cream:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol.
- To treat nail or scalp infections.
- This product should be stored in the original carton.
- Do not store above 25°C.