Canesten 100mg Pessaries are recommended for the treatment of candidal vaginitis.
The pessaries should be inserted into the vagina, as high as possible, using the applicator provided. This is best achieved when lying back with legs bent up.
It is suitable for women above 16 or under 60.
How to use:
- Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
- Not for use by women aged under 16 or over 60.
- Women aged above 16 or under 60:
- The applicator should be used to insert the pessary as high as possible into the vagina, preferably before going to sleep on six consecutive nights for convenient and comfortable treatment. Alternatively, two pessaries may be inserted into the vagina before going to sleep on three consecutive nights.
- The symptoms of thrush should disappear within three days of treatment.
- If the infection returns after seven days you may use one further treatment, but if you have more than two infections within six months you should see your doctor.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE
Hazards and Cautions:
- As with other pessaries, this product may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides or other vaginal products while using this product.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Possible side effects:
Itching, rash, swelling, redness, discomfort, burning, irritation, vaginal peeling or bleeding, pain in the abdomen or pelvic area.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Each pessary contains clotrimazole 100mg.