Dioralyte Relief Raspberry is indicated for the treatment of fluid and electrolyte loss associated with acute diarrhoea. It is clinically proven to reduce diarrhoea and dehydration – this medicine replaces the water and salts lost during diarrhoea, whilst at the same time helping watery stools return to normal more rapidly.
- Early use is important to avoid dehydration, particularly in the young and elderly
- 2 in 1 – reduces dehydration and diarrhoea
- Suitable for kids – 1+ Year.
- Each sachet contains pre-cooked rice powder 6g, sodium citrate 580mg, sodium chloride 350mg and potassium chloride 300mg.
- Also contains aspartame (E 951), Hypromellose, raspberry flavour and ethanol (96%).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Dissolve the contents of one sachet in 200ml (approx. 7 fl oz) of drinking water. Use fresh drinking water for adults and children. Where drinking water is unavailable the water should be freshly boiled and cooled. The solution should be made up immediately before use. If refrigerated the solution may be stored for up to 24 hours, otherwise any solution remaining after reconstitution should be discarded. Dioralyte Relief Raspberry when made up in water is a milky coloured liquid.
- Adults (including elderly) and children (1 year and above): One sachet after every loose motion up to a maximum of 5 sachets per day for 3 – 4 days.
- Infants under the age of 2 with diarrhoea should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.
- If symptoms persist and no improvement is seen after 36 hours you must seek medical advice immediately.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed.
- If you suffer from phenylketonuria you should not use this medicine.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction, kidney, or liver disease, or a condition where your body salts are disturbed or you are on a low potassium or sodium diet ask your doctor before using this medicine.
- Dioralyte Relief Raspberry may be used in pregnancy and during breast feeding but only on medical advice.
- This medicinal product contains up to 2.5 vol % ethanol (alcohol) i.e. up to 191 mg per dose, equivalent to 4 ml beer, or 1.7 ml wine per dose. It may be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism.
- To be taken into account in pregnant or breast-feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver diseases, or epilepsy.