Dulcolax Laxative Tablets is used for the short-term relied of occasional constipation. It offers gentle relief from the pain associated with constipation such as bloatedness. Dulcolax Laxatives have a special coating that helps to ensure the medicine targets only the areas that require attention, gently stimulating the large intestine (Bowel) helping reinstate your body's natural rhythm.
How to use:
- It is not recommended for children under 4 years.
- Adults and children over 10 years : Take one or two tablets (5 or 10 mg) daily before bedtime. If you have not taken Dulcolax Tablets before, start with one tablet and increase to two if necessary. When your bowel regularity has returned to normal, the dose can usually be stopped.
- Children aged between 4 and 10 years: Should only be given to children between the ages of 4 and 10 if recommended by a doctor. The usual dose for children is: One tablet (5 mg) daily before bedtime.
- You should feel more comfortable within 1 to 2 days of treatment. As with all laxatives, do not take Dulcolax Tablets every day for a long time.
- Milk, antacids or proton pump inhibitors (medicines which reduce stomach acid) should not be taken within one hour before or after taking Dulcolax Tablets. This is because they will stop the Dulcolax Tablets from working properly.
- As with all laxatives, Dulcolax Tablets should not be taken every day for more than five days. If you need laxatives every day, or if you have abdominal pain which does not go away, you should see your doctor.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.
Hazards and Cautions:
- Some people may feel dizzy or faint while taking this medicine. If this happens to you, wait until these feelings go away before driving or using machines.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
Possible side effects:
Abdominal cramps or pain, diarrhoea, nausea.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Each tablet contains 5mg of bisacodyl.