Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia provides gentle soothing relief for symptoms of indigestion and upset stomach. It can be used for a variety of digestion issues including heartburn and acid reflux by neutralising acid in your stomach. This product can also be used as a laxative to treat constipation. It’s easy to administer and has a delicious mint flavour. If you’re looking for a treatment that can solve a variety of stomach and digestion complaints, try Phillips’ Milk of Magnesia
Milk of Magnesia can be used for a variety of ailments including acid reflux, indigestion, flatulence (wind), heartburn and stomach discomfort. It can also be used as a laxative to treat uncomfortable symptoms of constipation.
How To Use:
- Shake the bottle well before each use. You may take this product with milk or water if you wish. Ensure you drink plenty of fluid whilst using this product.
- For indigestion, excess acid, wind, heartburn and stomach discomfort:
- Adults - take 1 - 2 x 5ml spoonfuls and repeat as necessary to a maximum of 12 x 5ml spoonfuls in 24 hours.
- Children - give 1 x 5ml spoonful and repeat as necessary to a maximum of 6 x 5ml spoonfuls in 24 hours
- Do NOT use for more than 14 days.
- For constipation:
- Adults - take 6 - 9 5ml spoonfuls at bedtime and repeat nightly reducing the dose until constipation is relieved.
- Children aged 3 - 12 years - give 1 - 2 x 5ml spoonfuls at bedtime
Drug Interaction Precautions :
- If a laxative dose is needed every day or if there is a persistent abdominal pain, consult your doctor. Do not exceed the stated dose. Overdosage may cause diarrhoea. If this occurs, stop using and see your doctor.
- Do not take if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients listed.
Consult Your Doctor:
- Before using this product, if you have kidney problems or are taking other medicines, particularly tetracycline, digoxin, dicoumaraol or cimetidine.
- Before using this product, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If symptoms continue.
- The recommended daily adult dose contains 1.5 to 3 g of glycerol.
This can cause headache or stomach upset and diarrhoea. If you are concerned about this, or any other unwanted effects, stop using and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep safely away from children.
Magnesium Hydroxide 415 mg, Sodium hydrogen carbonate, oil of peppermint, glycerol, sodium saccharin and purified water.