Value must be less than or equal to
Senna Tablets are a herbal medicinal product used for the short term relief of occasional
Senna Tablets do not help with weight loss
Contains Senna pods.
Do not take Senna Tablets:
• If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
• If you have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel (ileus,
intestinal obstruction or stenosis)
• If you have paralysis or lack of muscle tone in the bowel (atony)
• If you have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or
• If you have severe dehydration
• If you have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints e.g.pain, nausea or vomiting
• If you have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause, or
blood in stools
• If you have already taken a laxative and you are still constipated
• If you have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• If you are under 12 years of age
• if you have kidney or heart failure
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side
effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for
MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects, you
can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use Senna Tablets after the expiry date. The expiry date is printed on the blister and
base of carton.
Do not store above 25˚C. Store in the original packaging.
Return any unused medicine to your pharmacist for safe disposal
Each tablet contains:
Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia senna L. (C. acutifolia Delile) fruit)) corresponding
to 7.5 mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as Sennoside B.
The product also contains:
Magnesium Stearate, Fennel Seed, Croscarmellose Sodium, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate
Dihydrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica.